BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 28, 2010

ROBOTICS: PROLOGUE

You already know the basics about robotics, seeing as I barely have spoken about anything else over the past few months. In order to understand half of what went on at Robotics Competition, you have to at least know the characters involved and a bit about them. Pay attention to which room each person is in and whether or not they are a part of pit crew and/or drive team; knowing what they were involved in will likely aid in the understanding of my ramblings of prose.


The Mentors:
I'm only going to mention 3 in my tales, and you don't even need to know that much about them (just know that they are the adults), but here are the 3 that affected my robotics experience the most:

Bassett: My main mentor, worked with electronics and programming team. One of the more awesome people over the age of 30 whom I've ever met.

Sarver: The driver of the van I was in, mentor for the business team.

Frable: The only other mentor whom I know decently well. Works at Boeing. He seems to think I'm a decent person.
________________________________________________________
Basic Info about AFROC members:

Room A (Room Number 314, yes, the pi room)
Ray, Zack, Jordan, and Shane
(The first three being the seniors whom I love veryveryveryvery much. Though I've attempted to tell them, I doubt they grasp how awesome they've made this year for me).

Over these 3 days, this room had more awesome contained in it than I will ever hope to encounter for the rest of my life.

Ray:
Senior
Robotics Club President
Obv. in Pit Crew
Obv. on Drive Team (overseer)
Programming Sub-Team
Zack:
Senior
Fabrication Sub-Team

Jordan:
Senior
Design Sub-Team

Shane:
Soph.
Design Sub-Team



Room G (for girl, original, eh?)

Kori:
Myself, obv.
Junior
Part of Pit Crew
Part of Drive Team (Trident)
Programming Sub-Team

Madeline:
Senior
Business Sub-Team

Deona:
Senior
Business Sub-Team

Kinsey:
Senior
Business Sub-Team

I really forget who was in each of the other rooms, because all of my time was spent in the above two, but here are the other amazing people who were part of this:

I wanna say that the room combos were Sean-Dan-Austin-Robert and Brent-Josiah-Trevor-Justin, but that can be totally wrong

Trevor
Soph
I assume he was on Fabrication.
Justin
Soph
Part of Pit Crew
Part of Drive Team (Back Up Driver)
Electrical Sub-Team
Robert
Freshie
Part of Pit Crew
Fabrication Sub-Team
Josiah
Senior
Part of Pit Crew
Part of Drive Team (Main Driver)
Fabrication Sub-Team
Brent
Senior
Part of Pit Crew
Occasionally took my job on Drive Team
Fabrication Sub-Team
Sean
Freshie
Part of Pit Crew
Programming Sub-Team
(If I ever refer to anyone as "creepy freshman", this is who I am talking about, more on that later)
Dan
Soph.
Part of Pit Crew
Fabrication Sub-Team
(May be referred to as "the Russian.")
Austin
Soph.
Fabrication Sub-Team

(For those who I wasn't sure which team they were on, I wrote fabrication, seeing as I know Electrical and Programming very well, and I think that Shane and Jordan were the only official ones on design. There was a lot of going back and fourth. The team isn't incredibly relevant, but it shows whom I knew better prior to all of this (meaning I had spent the most time with Ray Sean and Justin. The order of knowing people after that point is simply determined by how often they went to robotics and how often we spoke.)


And those are the characters in my story.

Let the tales commence!










0 comments: